2X Health & Social Care Apprentice Leazes Hall Nursing & Residential Home
Do you want to pursue a career in Care? Are you caring, empathetic, genuine and even have a good sense of humour? Are you flexible, and dependable in the work place? If you answered yes, YOU are the PERFECT candidate for this role! Due to duties, candidates must be 18+ years old, but this is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who ticks these boxes!
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2017
6 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working under the supervision of a Senior Care Worker/Deputy or Manager at all times
- Assist and actively encourage social care and the wellbeing of residents
- Helping residents getting washed and dressed
- Assisting residents with enrichment activities
- Leading and organising aforementioned activity sessions to keep residents socialised and engaged
- Maintain accurate patient records regarding fluid intake, medicine administration and any significant other events over the course of the day
- Participate in development of home’s policy to improve working practice and reduce any legal risks or safety risks
- Carry out duties in a cost effective manner
- Systematically solve any day-to-day problematic issues which might arise
- Take and chart observations of residents including weight, food and liquid intakes/output
- Assist with the reception and orientation of new residents in a reassuring manner
- Prepare food trays and eating areas
- Tidy residents rooms and cupboards
- Make beds and change linen
- Escort residents to approved excursions as required
- Ensure residents receive person centred care
- Personal care including bathing and toileting (after a period of time)
To be flexible with shifts to cover and shortfalls in staffing
Requirements and prospects
- Motivated to succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good listener
- Willing to undertake personal care
- Able to work in small teams.
- Effective verbal and non verbal communication skills
- Respect for people who use the services
Full training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Caring and Kind
- Reliable and punctual
- Proactive and ability to show initiative
- Ambitious and desire to develop
- Suitable level of physical fitness
A -C GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent
About the employer
Treatment of highly dependent people requires respect for each person's dignity and individual character: in short, their need to be treated like a human being. Leazes Hall Care Home provides full residential care which is determined by the individual needs of each person and which takes into consideration the intimate environment of the resident. Our highly committed teams are always available to offer stimulating, mobilising and rehabilitating care as well as creating that much-needed sense of security. We also work closely with the dependent person's family to develop a high level of trust and personalised care for our residents.
- Pre-employment preparation – Employment Rights and Responsibilities and basic health & social skills
- Full induction and training from the employer
- Agreed off the job training to support you and your employer with work related training and also to prepare you for Technical Certificate and Functional Skills (if required)
- Study and complete NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Fortnightly visits to the workplace to assess performance
Where possible, off the job training will take place within the first 3 months of apprenticeship programme
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LearningSkills
Errin Bolam 0191 433 8761 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017