Business Administration Apprentice Totton College
We are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join the Customer Service Team. You will be stationed at reception, meeting and greeting visitors, taking enquiries, and work closely with other departments to support a variety of college functions.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
11 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
In order that the best performance and outcomes can be achieved by students and by the college, all staff will operate and perform within a framework of transparency, respect, and positive challenge; trusting and supporting each other and the teams with whom they work.
All staff are expected to be flexible in their approach, corporate, proactive and responsive to changing demands and responsibilities and passionate about the success of the college.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support, including: collating and distributing materials, post, general data entry etc.
- To assist the team in dealing with enquiries from staff, students and members of the public as required.
- Providing information to enquirers about our provision of courses and products.
- To assist colleagues in the processing of new student applications and enrolments, including processing of fees where required.
- Assisting with the processing of students attendance information using the electronic registration system.
- Assisting with the upkeep of paper based files, including document scanning and filing.
- Assisting on reception, greeting visitors and answering telephone calls as required.
- Undertaking any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Deal with all matters with confidentiality and discretion, following the College’s policies on Data Protection and related matters.
- Follow the College’s policies and procedures set out for their health, safety and wellbeing.
- Attend any training provided for their health, safety and welfare and for personal and professional development.
- Actively promote equality and diversity in line with the College’s Equality & Diversity Policy.
- Display a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
- Contribute to the overall smooth running and well-being of the College.
- Participate in a programme of professional development, including updating.
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures in force within the College.
- Abide by College policies in relation to dealings with staff and students, e.g. Co mmunications, equality and diversity, and employment policies.
As a term of your employment you may be required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required of you, commensurate with your grade, at any of the College sites.
Requirements and prospects
It is essential that the person appointed has:
- Ability to work flexibly, efficiently and to deadlines
- A high level of IT competence
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills (to level 2 or above)
- A commitment to high quality Customer Service
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Word)
- A commitment to equality of opportunity
It is desirable that the person appointed has:
- Administrative experience
- Able to work confidentially as you will be required to handle sensitive data
- Able to use initiative
- Willingness to learn and get involved
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
Preference will be given to those who have already achieved GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in Maths, English and IT. However, this is not essential as you will have to opportunity to study Functional Skills within your apprenticeship
Things to consider
About the employer
What will you learn?
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Much of the training will be undertaken ‘on the job’, supported by regular visits from a qualified assessor.
The Business & Administration Apprenticeship is a 12-15 month programme, with apprentices requiring on average half a day for 15 weeks to study for the knowledge element. This can be delivered at the college or in the workplace (dependent on numbers). The apprentice will then be assessed within the workplace every 4-6 weeks.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Totton College
Sam Beadle 07483030341 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017