Apprentice Receptionist Crofton Health Centre
This is a fantastic job role for someone with a friendly nature, who likes to speak with the public and is caring and compassionate.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
11 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and approachable image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephoneJob Responsibilities:
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Dealing with electronic tasks from colleagues
- Updating patients notes as and when appropriate
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Receiving patients consulting with members of practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address, recording who collects the prescription.
- Be able to cover all reception positions as necessary
- Process appointment requests for today and future appointments from patients by telephone and in person.
- Deal with visits requests
- Registrations of new patients – computer data entry and medical records.
- Process patients change of address – computer data and medical records (have knowledge of practice area).
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Have working knowledge of telephone/bleep system, during and after hours.
- Cover for others when necessary
- Stock rooms before surgeries and clear rooms after surgeries finished
- Ensure building security – have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarm.
- Make tea / coffee for doctors
Any other tasks allocated by managers
- Cover for colleagues during holiday, sickness and extended hours sessions where appropriate.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this job description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Reporting potential risks identified.
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Trustworthy (confidential matters)
- Well mannered
- Smart appearance
- Keen to learn
- Caring & compassionate
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprentice will work towards a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Services. The qualifications consist of:
- Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2017