Apprentice Receptionist Stretton Medical Centre
The purpose of the role is to offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
11 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the practice receptionist team include any or all of the items in the following list.
Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Lead Receptionist dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- Opening up/locking-up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with Practice protocols.
- Maintaining, running and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Referring to clinicians requests for acute prescriptions from patients.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Clearing and re-stock consulting rooms as required
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies.
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
- Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
- Maintain a presentable appearance and a friendly and helpful demeanour at all times.
- Enter requests for home visits into the visit book, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to duty doctor.
- Handling patient requests for results in a confidential manner. Establish test type and appropriately advise of outcome, booking follow-up appointments where required. Results must be chased in cases where the lab has not responded in accordance with expectations.
- Book ambulance transport where criteria are met, always passing over details on the same day as the request is taken.
- Maintain an accurate log of x-ray, ultrasound, MRI and CT referrals passed by Doctors.
- Receive “sample” envelopes from patients, ensuring that they are correctly labelled and sealed.
- Handle the post and samples being collected and delivered by the hospital courier on a daily basis.
- Actions repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, either on the computer or manually.
- Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
- Advice patients of relevant charges for private (Non General Medical Services) services accept payment and issue receipts for same.
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Ensuring that informative signs and presentations are up to date and visible.
- Remove all cutlery and crockery from Reception area and wash up at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Send faxes to the appropriate person or department on a daily basis, ensuring that they have been transmitted, also checking the fax machine regularly to deal with incoming correspondence in the appropriate manner.
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required.
- All staff to adopt a clear desk policy when leaving each evening.
- Ensuring clear communication within the Practice Team, including the handing over of messages, queries and other issues from Morning to Afternoon staff.
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners or the practice manager.
Requirements and prospects
The employer is looking for someone that can exhibit the following skills;
- Great communication skills
- A good outgoing personality
Candidates must be confident and be willing to learn/develop new skills.
They must also have a strong interest in working within the Business environment.
No specific qualifications required but maths and English, or IT would be preferred (all C and above) Or equivalent.
Things to consider
Will you be able to get to the location on time every working day?
Can you get to the employer's address within a reasonable length of time? Please consider early morning and even traffic.
Have you got the skills and qualities to use the telephone and communicate effectively?
This role involves lots of customer contact I that right for you?
This role has many duties including lots of administrational tasks
About the employer
Stretton Medical Centre
- Level 2 NVQ in Customer Service
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Please note we specialise in office apprenticeships and we will be able to deliver a bespoke NVQ framework specific to the company you are working for. Key Training has a success rate of 72% in Business and Administration.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
KEY TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Key Training Ltd
Joshua Pohl 07947720456 email@example.com
Apprentice National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The rate for apprentices (or if aged 19, for their first year only) is £3.30. This is the legal minimum pay per hour. Most receive more; a median basic hourly pay rate of £6.31 for Level 2 and 3, and £9.68 for Level 4 and 5 Higher Apprentices. From 1 October 2016 the rate will increase by 3% to £3.40 per hour.
**PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE EMPLOYER DIRECT ABOUT THIS VACANCY, THIS WILL AFFECT US CONSIDERING YOU FOR THE JOB ROLE**
Before you apply
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017