Apprentice Bookkeeper / Accountant Dempsey & Co Ltd
An excellent opportunity to work in a small accountancy firm, based in Croxley Green, learning key skills such as bookkeeping, business acumen, Excel and client communication.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
10 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties would include:
- Basic Bookkeeping
- Collating client’s records onto excel
- Using Safe 50 accountancy programme
- Developing a wider knowledge of excel
- Understanding VAT returns
- Preparing basic accounting schedules
- Assisting in developing procedures with new changed within the UK Tax system
- Speaking to clients on a regular basis
- Completing administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate with a basic knowledge and understanding of Excel and Word
- Admin skills and a good telephone manner
- Positive attitude
- Willing to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- A desire to learn bookkeeping and go on to train as an accountant
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents).
Things to consider
About the employer
Dempsey & Co Ltd
The newly launched Assistant Accountant apprenticeship programme is accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and combines outstanding classroom training, dedicated workplace mentorship and on-the-job experience to build the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours to become a skilled assistant accountant.
The apprenticeship includes:
- AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
- SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
- AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
- Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Watford on average 25-30 days (plus exam days)
- You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
- Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
- You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.
Accounting > Assistant Accountant
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Ltd
Before you apply
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017