Intermediate Chef Apprenticeship Bertie Arms
An exciting opportunity to join the new team at The Bertie Arms as an apprentice chef. The pub is located on Bertie Road in Uffington, serving the local community.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
09 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your day to day duties will include the following:
- Learn different procedures of food preparation.
- Prepare ingredients for dishes upon the instructions of the chef.
- Make sure that food supplies are stored properly and used resourcefully.
- Ensure that food items are properly rotated in refrigerators and any near expiry ones are dealt with according.
- Set up food stations by following chef’s orders.
- Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food preparation and cooking time.
- Handle portion control requirements and presentation standards.
- Arrange food items aesthetically on serving plates.
- Make sure that the kitchen is clean and organised at all times.
- Ensure that best food practices and kitchen hygiene protocols are adhered to.
- Make sure that all leftover food is stored properly.
- Assist in checking food deliveries for both quantity and quality standards.
- Provide input into stock rotation activities and make sure that food inventory is in check.
- Maintain a “clean as you go” work ethic.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to follow recipes and instructions accurately.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to use initiative.
- Able to work to specific timescales.
- Assertive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Flexible attitude towards work.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- GCSE Maths & English grades A to D or 9 to 3 are desirable (or equivalent qualifications).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food Production and Cooking.
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food Production and Cooking).
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
- Transferable Skills as required.
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEW COLLEGE STAMFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College Stamford
Paul Ward 01780 484300 Paul.Ward@stamford.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017