Environmental Services Apprentice - Horticulture Yorkshire Housing Ltd
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual, who wants to take the first steps to grow their career with a Horticulture apprenticeship. Apply today to start climbing the ladder to success with Yorkshire Housing!
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
09 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Joining Yorkshire Housing's Environmental Services team, you will…
- Carry out grounds maintenance duties to the highest standards including seasonal cuts, flower bed maintenance, control of weeds and renovation to grassed areas.
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers and a high standard of ground maintenance service for our property’s and schemes
- Carry out grounds maintenance using equipment using best practice and in accordance with health & safety regulations
- Work closely with other teams within the business to carry out programmes of repair and maintenance
- Provide maintenance services in the community to improve areas for our customers
Requirements and prospects
- As part of this role you will be expected to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Alongside this there will also be physical challenges after suitable training - manual handling and use of various horticulture tools and machinery
- Yorkshire Housing are looking for a committed individual who is eager to learn and develop on the job, and has a passion to grow their career in horticulture.
- The ideal candidate would have a GSCE grade C or equivalent in Maths & English and have an enthusiasm for all aspects of grounds maintenance work.
Things to consider
About the employer
This is an apprenticeship in Horticulture and will include a combination of workplace training and college attendance. Working with your employer and the college staff, you will reach a high level of competence in your role in readiness for End Point Assessment at the end of your apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships are changing and detailed information about the assessment of this apprenticeship is not yet available. More information on course content and assessment methods will be discussed at interview.
If candidates do not have A*-C (4-9) in Maths & English at GCSE there will be a requirement to do Functional Skills up to Level 2.
Agriculture, Environmental and Animal Care > Horticulture and Landscape Operative
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Craven College
Sarah Haworth 01756 693686 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017