Operational Delivery Officer Apprenticeship Middlesbrough Council
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to assist delivering Public Protection, which includes; Trading Standards, Environmental Health & Environmental Protection. Ensuring standards are met in all sectors. This is a team based role working alongside officers and colleagues within the workplace to achieve individual, team and business results.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Nov 2017
09 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Assist officers in inspections, visits, investigations and interventions, and work independently under the guidance of other qualified officers, in connection with the Public Protection and Public Health function and regulatory role
- Participate in the implementation of service plans at an appropriate level
- Provide general administrative assistance to the team
- Assist in the development and delivery of special projects
- Seek to ensure an effective response to public demand and to provide for the maintenance of good public relations, including attending public meetings and other venues to promote the service where appropriate
- Participate in the overall provision of services by contributing to the various communication systems in the Council
- To maintain accurate records, both electronic and otherwise in connection with service delivery
- To assist with undertaking technical assessments and compile reports as directed, and gain an understanding of the law and regulations and guidance notes within the service area
Requirements and prospects
- Problem Solving
- Rational approach to decision making
- IT literate
- Looks to improve and advance service where possible
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to develop positive relationships outside the bounds of the workplace
- (Full training will be provided for the successful candidate)
- Flexible and able to adapt to the needs of the organisation
- Confident and friendly
- Reliable and punctual
- Demonstrates the desire to learn new skills
- Proactive and has the ability to show initiative
- Professional and well presented
- A keen interest in public service
Good standard of education with A-level or equivalent. Relevant experience in the specialist work area is also acceptable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- The successful applicant will be required to attend weekly training sessions with Middlesbrough Community Learning based at their training centre at Middlesbrough Town Hall, there will also be ongoing assessments in the work place for the duration of the apprenticeship
- You will gain a Level 3 in Public Service Operational Delivery
- Functional Skills will be provided, if required
Public Service > Public Service Operational Delivery Officer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Middlesbrough Council
Declan Hoyland 01642804039 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017