Sales Administrator Apprentice BPI Stretchfilms
An exciting opportunity working for a leading global producer of high performance agricultural film with businesses around the world choosing our innovative films to grow, harvest, package and protect their products. You will be part of a busy and active Sales department dealing with customer orders and queries.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Oct 2017
09 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking to appoint a Sales Administrator with the primary responsibility to carry out internal sales administration promptly and accurately.
- Being the first point of contact for RPC bpi agriculture customers.
- Process all customer orders correctly and on time.
- Liaise with IT, Marketing, Research and Development and Planning on packaging.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure orders are correct and on time.
- Process customer complaints and raise credit/debit notes.
- Write letters and prepare/send quotations as required.
- Process export documentation.
- Maintain up to date filing of correspondence.
- Maintain up to date records of prices for customers.
- Carry out calculations for production purposes as and when required.
- Work in a safe manner and encourage other colleagues to do so.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate, basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Keen and enthusiastic with the desire to grow and develop in a sales administration role.
- GCSE grade A*-C in Maths, IT and English (or equivalent).
About the employer
- Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with one day release on a fortnightly basis to our Training Centre at Holmer Road, doing an appropriate course of study. A monthly / bi-monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you, and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
- Apprentices generally work towards an NVQ level 2 or 3 in their chosen vocational area. In addition, the training programme includes a mandatory 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year, text processing exams, and if undertaking a level 3 qualification a 3-day first aid at work qualification. Functional Skills qualifications may also need to be undertaken depending on prior qualifications and levels.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
HEREFORDSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Herefordshire Group Training Association
Jo Hopcutt 01432 377010 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017