Business Admin Apprenticeship Stevenage Borough Council
A great opportunity to gain vital experience and work towards your level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
12 Nov 2017
7 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
To assist with the effective management of all processes and procedures in realtion to to the repairs service and the effective, efficient and economic mangemnet of the repairs service generally.
To support the schedulers in the planning and execution pf responsive repairs.
To gain experience of working for a local council housing service whilst fulfilling the requirements to successfully complete the National Vocational Qualification.
Duties would include:
- To assist in effectively delivering all aspects of office and technical support functions, for the Business Unit
- Establish and maintain considerate and polite working relationships with other members of staff
- Work effectively as part of a team, motivating and supporting the Technical Support team, covering for absences, annual leave and training as required ensuring the delivery of a consistant and responsive housing service
- Manage and update electronic and paper systems, to support the provision of accurate and timely information
- Assist in the investigation and handling of complaints, ensuring that action is taken in accordance with SBC policy and complainants are informed of the progress
- Ensure confidentialty in all matters relating to work or communication within the Business Unit
- Operate in accordance with SBC processes
- Contribute to reports as required and undertake any special projects assigned by the line manager
- Asssit in undertaking the daily diary scheduling for numerous trade persons on an in-house system making timely real-time adjustments to work plans
- Produce daily run sheets and liaise with trade persons via telephone throughout the day to ensure that appointments are kept, a first time fix is achieved and that the line workers are safe whilst carrying out thier duties
- ensure that all trade persons non -wlrking related activites are entered accurately onto the scheduling system with relevant notes
- Attend team meetings and briefings and to attend relevant training courses when required
- Ensure that issues are raised are responded to and dealt with within the agreed timescale
- Take a role maintaining and increasing customer satisfaction by ensuring the works delivered meet or exceed service standards
- Undertake and successfully complete the National Vocational Qualification at the required leel within the set timescales
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to establish good and effetive working relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work positively as part of a team
- Competent and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Commitment to delivering a high standard of customer care
- Time management and self-motivation
- An awareness of basic health and safety practice in the workplace
- working knowledge of an office environment
Grade A-C (or equivalent) in GCSE Maths, English and ICT.
About the employer
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Understands organisational purpose, activities, aims, values, vision for the future
- Demonstrates understanding of how their work benefits the organisation
- Demonstrates strong communication skills both internally and externally to the organisation
- Understands the organisation's internal policies and key business policies relating to sector
- Understands the applicability of business principles such as managing change, business finances and project management.
- Demonstrates taking responsibility for team performance and quality of projects delivered
- Learning how to use systems, equipment and technology to meet organisational needs
- Understanding your role and responsibility within the organisation and the impact of your actions on others.
- Using appropriate IT applications, systems and software within organisation
- Plans required resources to successfully deliver projects
- Using a range of questioning skills, to build rapport and determine various stakeholder needs
- Organising yourself, prioritising your own workload/activity to meet deadlines.
- Ability to make effective decisions based on sound reasoning and is able to deal with challenges in a mature way
- Builds and maintains positive relationships within their own team
- Produces accurate records and documents including
- Frequently and consistently communicating and working with others in the interest of helping customers efficiently.
- Accepting responsibility, is proactive, plans work.
- Acting on and seeking feedback from others to develop or maintain person service skills and knowledge.
- Is able to accept and deal with changing priorities related to both their own work and to the organisation
Business > Business Administrator
NORTH HERTFORDSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Hertfordshire College
Sarah Brignull firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017