Dental Nurse Apprentice Robert Stanley Tobin
Fantastic opportunity to train as a Dental Nurse. No previous experience or qualifications are required as full training will be given. Working in a busy dental practice you will learn and earn at the same time to become fully qualified.
Closing date: 02 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Nov 2017
06 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing for a Dental Practitioner, the ideal candidate must have an interest in a career in Dental Nursing.
The role includes:
- Working alongside the dentist taking instruction from them and responding in an appropriate manner
- Maintaining good infection control procedures and adhering to policies and protocols
- Ensuring cleanliness of surgery, equipment and instruments used and carrying out general housekeeping duties
- Dictate information from dentist and recording patient information correctly
- Arrange appointments, answering calls and inputting data on the computer
- Assist with administration tasks and ensure records are kept up to date and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice.
- Dental Nurses interact daily with patients and therefore you must be able to make patients feel welcome and offer reassurance to anxious patients endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible
Requirements and prospects
- Hardworking and able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Work to a high level of accuracy and show attention to detail
- Must demonstrate good communication and organisational skills
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Friendly manner and be able to reassure others with a professional manner
- Maintain a positive attitude
- GCSE grade A*-D in Maths and English (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
Robert Stanley Tobin
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- First Aid At Work.
- Functional Skill Level 2 in English.
- Functional Skill Level 2 in Maths.
- Please note that your day release training will be held at either Walsall College or our Satellite Office in Birmingham if that is closer and more suitable for you.
Dental health > Dental Nurse
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Nov 2017