Apprentice Commis Chef, Annesley Seymour Capital Limited
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2017
06 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your day to day duties will include the following:
- To consistently maintain an agreed high level of food production.
- To report for duty in good time, clean and tidy and wearing the correct uniform.
- Ensure that all food standards are followed as directed by the head chef.
- To comply with all aspects of the food handlers guide.
- To maintain a high standards of kitchen cleanliness within your section.
- Ensure there is minimum wastage within the kitchen.
- Develop a close working relationship with all hotel departments.
- To daily follow guided measures in HACCP, COSSH and food due diligence.
- Ensure an understanding of product knowledge is maintained and communicate to all relevant kitchen and service personnel.
- React quickly and helpfully to service staff when handling food service issues or guest complaints.
- To comply with all policies and procedures as written in staff handbook.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease.
- Genuine interest in the sector.
- Ability to multi task.
- Basic experience of working in a kitchen.
- A genuine interest in becoming a chef and working with fresh local produce.
- Time management skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Smart professional appearance.
- Self-motivated & reliable.
- Good level of Maths and English ideally GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C.
Things to consider
About the employer
Seymour Capital Limited
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice, some of this will be in your own time.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Hospitality > Commis Chef
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623627191 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017