Apprentice Customer Service Assessor Torridge North Mid And West Devon Citizens Advice Bureau
An Adviceline Assessor is the first person most clients speak to when they contact Citizen’s Advice. The client will be ringing for information on a wide range of subjects and you will be comprehensively trained in how to move the client on. You will be trained to use our internal information sources and telephone systems.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2017
06 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An Adviceline Assessor is the first person most clients speak to when they contact Citizen’s Advice. The client will be ringing for information on a wide range of subjects and you will be comprehensively trained in how to move the client on. You will be trained to use our internal information sources and telephone systems. You will be expected to work as part of a team Monday to Friday 37 hours a week.
You will learn how to ask specific questions of clients and look up relevant information websites to help. You will also be trained in how to assess if the client needs an appointment with one of our advisers.
You will learn about treating clients with dignity and respect and will receive good quality supervision and mentoring.
Key work areas and tasks:
- Assess clients’ problem(s) using sensitive listening and questioning skills. Identify key information about the problem including time limits, key dates and any requirement for urgent advice or action (using our information database, scripts and any other diagnostic tools, as necessary).
- Identify and summarise the essence of the problem.
- Establish what the client wants.
- Assess and agree the appropriate level of service, taking into consideration the client’s ability to take the next step themselves, the complexity of the problem and the office resources.
- Refer clients appropriately (both internally and externally) to suit clients’ needs following agreed protocols, including making arrangements and informing clients of what to expect.
- Signpost clients appropriately to suit their needs following agreed protocols.
- Record information given during the assessment interviews onto our client database.
- Identify social policy issues.
- Assist with social policy work by providing information about clients’ circumstances through the appropriate channel.
- Work towards the Customer Service NVQ level 2. Complete any training supplied by the training provider to support your learning.
- Complete the Citizens Advice training including the associated Learning Journals and attend any necessary external learning days.
- Keep up to date with legislation, policies and procedures.
- Read relevant publications.
- Prepare for and attend supervision sessions/team meetings/staff meetings/external meetings as appropriate.
- Use IT for record keeping.
- Ensure all work conforms to Citizens Advice systems and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities.
- Undertake such other duties and tasks as may lie within the scope of this post.
Demonstrate commitment to the aims and policies of the CA service. Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues.
Requirements and prospects
The Successful candidate will have the following skills :
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and principles of the CA service and its equal opportunities policies.
- Ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively and a willingness to challenge constructively.
- Ability to monitor and maintain own standards.
- Understanding of the main enquiry issues involved in assessing clients’ problems
- Understanding of the issues affecting society and their implications for clients and service provision.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills in main enquiry areas.
- Ability to use IT in the provision of client assessments, e.g. basic keyboard/data entry skills/navigation of Citizens Advice public site.
- Ability to access relevant signposting information including electronic and written materials.
- Understanding of office procedures and the way in which Citizens Advice works.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
The Candidate should have the following qualities
- Friendliness and approachability.
- Sensitivity to the needs of others.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
No entry requirements needed.
About the employer
- Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard (Level 2), the standard covers a specific occupation and sets out the core skills, knowledge and behaviours an apprentice will need.
- Each standard has an assessment plan and an end point assessment, which is a holistic and independent assessment of the knowledge, skills and behaviours which have been learnt throughout an apprenticeship standard.
- Also included are Functional Skills in Mathematics and English.
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
EDUCATION AND TRAINING SKILLS LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education And Training Skills Ltd
Vilija Kumpele 01392 445444 Vilija@etsgroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017