Assistant Customer Service Support Apprentice Industrial Textiles & Plastics Ltd
Assisting UK Sales Team for our scaffolding and construction products that are sold UK-wide.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
06 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Assisting UK sales team with general follow up of enquiries and orders including making visual artwork by computer for printed products.
Duties would include:
- General customer service assistance in our UK Sales Team who is selling 3 types of products (protective sheeting for scaffolding and heras fence, roof and wall construction membranes and geo/gas membranes)
- Following up enquiries from customers
- Raising sales orders and delivery notes
- Creating artwork/visual mock ups to customers of bespoke branded products that we produce for them. This can be done at enquiry stage or order stage.
- Answering calls
- Helping Sales Executives/Account Managers and Sales Manager
- Assisting with or sorting delivery queries
- Managing samples and literature stocks
- Liaising with our Operations department for orders/production
- Using our IT system on a daily basis (eg Sage for sales orders, Maximiser as CRM system, excel, word and in-house training will be provided)
- Depending on the candidate possibly doing market research and for example preparing email campaigns
Requirements and prospects
IT literate, experience in a sales environment (eg helping in shop)
would be beneficial
Punctual, team player, willing to learn, able/confident to speak to
customers, IT literate.
- Apprentices must have achieved a minimum of Level 1 English and Level 1 Maths
- Also, apprentices must have taken level 2 English and Maths tests prior to completion of their Apprenticeship
Things to consider
About the employer
In order to meet the apprenticeship standard, apprentices will undertake a minimum 12 month period of on-programme learning, development and continuous assessment that is managed by the employer with the support of York College. The on-programme pace will be driven by the apprentice as well as by the breadth of experience an employer can offer prior to the minimum of 12 months, after which end-point assessment will take place.
The end-point assessment is synoptic and takes place at the end of the apprentice’s learning and development, after a minimum of 12 month’s on programme learning.
The employer and York College will formally sign-off that the apprentice has met the minimum requirements in regards to knowledge, skills and behaviours within the standard and confirm they are ready to move on to the end assessment. This will happen during a meeting involving the apprentice, their line manager and the trainer assessor.
There are three components that make up End Point Assessment for the Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard. End Point Assessment will consist of:
- An Apprentice Showcase
- A Practical Observation
- A Professional Discussion
For each of the three assessment methods, all pass criteria across the Assessment methods must be achieved to progress and complete the apprenticeship programme. A distinction will be awarded to apprentices who achieve all pass criteria, in addition to the required percentage of distinction criteria
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by York College
Laura Blissett 01904 770368 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017