Apprentice Chef and Kitchen Assistant Ring O' Bells
The Apprentice Chef and Kitchen Assistant will contribute to the smooth running of all aspects of the food and drinks service elements of the resident’s home. Including serving drinks and possible light meal preparation for the residents, the job will involve some food preparation to support/relief the chef.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Oct 2017
04 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist with day-to-day food preparation operations in the kitchen- This will include, but is not limited to routine food preparation, stock planning and management, kitchen equipment cleaning and maintenance and cleaning after food service and before shut-down
- Assist and support food service operations for effective restaurant and bar food provision. This will include, but is not limited to, ensuring that customers are served politely and efficiently, that orders are filled as quickly as possible, that all orders taken are recorded and billed and that the restaurant is prepared and maintained in good order
- Maintain high quality food service and preparation standards.
- Contribute to menu planning and development.
- Ensure cost control and cost-effectiveness whilst maintaining high quality standards
- Assist other general pub functions as occasionally required
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills and the ability to listen effectively are essential while working in a busy kitchen
- Able to organise and prioritize own task and to provide a good catering service to the customers.
- Positive outlook
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Listen to and follow instructions
- Good clean appearance to maintain high standards
- Trustworthy, polite and a sense of humour
No specific entry requirement as support will be given on programme.
Things to consider
About the employer
Ring O' Bells
- Level 2 Food Production and Cookery Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if necessary
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017