Finance Assistant Apprentice Cathedral Academy
To work as part of the finance team to deliver a high quality finance service for all customers. To support the finance team to undertake, and carry out general tasks, whilst working towards an AAT qualification. Possibility to progress further upon completion of L2 AAT.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
05 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To work as part of the finance team to deliver a high quality finance service for all customers.
- Work as part of the finance team to take supervision in the form of receiving instructions, training and guidance to ensure that a quality finance service is provided
- Answer the telephone; deal with visitors, parent and student enquiries, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times and ensuring that safety and security is maintained
- Deal with basic accounting duties, such as chasing monies/invoices, invoice processing and any ad hoc finance duties
- Deal with enquiries from customers, taking messages and ensuring that everything is communicated or dealt with in a timely manner
- To report to the Finance Manager, any problems that may arise from customer dissatisfaction
- Assist with monthly procedures, including filing
- Assist with general duties within the Finance team
Other Specific Duties:
- All staff are expected to demonstrate consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school
- Treat all students with dignity, observe proper boundaries and understand that every adult in the academy has a responsibility to safeguard children and young people.
- To continue personal professional development as required
- Attend staff and other meetings and participate in staff training and development events as required
- To actively engage in the performance review process
- All support staff may be used to perform appropriate duties as and when required by the academy, commensurate with the salary grade of that post if it is higher than the employee’s current salary
- To work in the best interests of the academy, students, parents and staff
- To adhere to the academy’s policies and procedures with particular reference to Child Protection, Equal Opportunities, Teaching and Learning and Health and Safety
- To work flexibly, including some evening work, and to travel, as required, to meet the needs of the role
- To work at locations across the academy Trust, as required.
- Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description
This job description is current at the date shown, but, in consultation with you, may be changed by the Principal to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Administration/accounting or office experience
- Knowledge of office and accounting skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel
- IT skills
- Work as an effective team member and apply given instructions
- Able to apply written and verbal instructions to equipment
- Able to accurately input information onto databases
- Able to organise, plan and complete tasks
- Able to work in a school environment, around children and young people
- High personal standards and able to provide a role model for students and staff
- Seek support and advice when necessary
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Prioritise and manage own time effectively
- Reliability, integrity and stamina
- Respect confidentiality
- Understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection issues.
- Willingness to develop own understanding through advice and training
- Think clearly in emergency situations
GCSE Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
Administration/accounting or office experience is desirable but not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Accounting comprising of:-
- Level 2 AAT Certificate in Accounting.
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English.
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in Maths.
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in ICT
C.M.S. VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by C M S Vocational Training Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2017