Hospitality & Food Production Apprentice Emporium Yeovil Ltd
Are you a driven individual with great customer service skills and are passionate about food? The Emporium have an exciting opportunity to join their team as an Apprentice Hospitality Team Member, working both front and back of house. The café is looking to develop someone who is looking to succeed in the hospitality industry.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
06 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- As a member of the team you will learn all aspects of working within a busy café.This will include working both front and back of house.
- Delivering excellent customer service to all customers.
- You will be required to cook and prepare as per company requirements, while maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all of the areas of the kitchen.
- You will be trained in cooking, stock management and other aspects of running a kitchen in a challenging environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Taking orders, selling meals to customers, clearing tables
- Preparing and cooking our menu to a high standard, as per company specification
- Ensuring food hygiene and health & safety standards are maintained at all times
- Maintaining the correct storage of food and receiving deliveries
- Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen and restaurant environment.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion to work in Hospitality and will want to grow and learn all aspects of the industry. We are looking for a capable and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility in terms of tasks undertaken.
- Commitment to personal development.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Passionate about food.
- Attention to detail.
- Hard working and self-motivated.
- Confident and eager to learn new skills.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Pleasant and welcoming.
- Reliable, responsible and honest.
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Grade A-C (9 - 4) GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
About the employer
- You will undertake the Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard, focusing on the Food Production route.
- Your training will involve learning both on the job and attending Yeovil College on a regular basis.
- Once you are fully competent you will then complete an End Point Assessment.
Hospitality > Hospitality Team Member
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Serena Foreman 01935 835392 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017