Business Administration Apprentice BODEN GROUP FACILITIES LIMITED
Boden Group Facilities provide facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Ministry of Defence. Based at RNAS Yeovilton, an opportunity has arisen for a Business Administration Apprentice based to see all aspects of administration in a fast paced environment.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
04 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Boden Group Facilities, provide general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as provide facilities maintenance services to the Ministry of Defence in partnership with CarillionAmey at multiple sites in the South West Region.
Based at RNAS Yeovilton, an opportunity has now arisen for a Business Administration Apprentice based to see all aspects of administration in a fast paced environment.
Often working to deadlines, they will play an integral role in supporting the Facilities Maintenance team to better deliver their services across multiple disciplines in a security sensitive environment. Scheduling electrical, gas, mechanical and building engineers as well as specialist sub-contractors will be the main task in this rewarding job. The position will develop the right individual in a variety of areas such as the co-ordination of training events, front line HR and Health & Safety. Detailed record keeping will also be part of the remit. The ability to multi-task whilst working under pressure will be an essential skill.
- Scheduling engineers to perform maintenance tasks
- Liaise with and schedule sub-contractors to perform maintenance tasks
- Raising and managing Purchase Orders
- Data entry and filing
- Maintaining up to date Human Resource and Health & Safety documentation in collaboration with Head Office.
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written
- Good level of knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to show initiative
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to show discretion when dealing with employee related matters.
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C including English and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
This Apprenticeship will be delivered both at the employers premises at Yeovilton and at Yeovil College and will include:
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- English, maths and ICT Functional Skills (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS).
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Serena Foreman 01935 845392 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017