Apprentice Cashier (TS) Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
To assist in and to support in the daily operations of the Revenues and Benefits Cashiering Team’s work. It is a demanding environment to work in but a rewarding one where there is an opportunity to learn and develop new skills and knowledge.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2017
04 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an apprentice cashier you will cover a wide range of duties including:
- To comply and maintain all relevant security and health and safety measures as directed
- Provide excellent customer service via many access channels, with the ability to deal with internal and external customer enquiries
- Develop customer service skills to contribute to the delivery of the councils services to the public
- Operating in a team environment, contribute to team meetings, becoming an active team member, whilst developing the initiative to work on your own
- Accountability for working in a controlled environment for the processing of banking functions
- To assist cashiers duties and in the day to day management of the ‘PARIS’ cash receipting system and to assist in the day to day management of the Kiosks
- Carrying out a variety of cashier administration duties, including inputting data, general filing, post etc.
- Keep information up to date to support the services provision of statistical information
- Assist in identifying process improvements
- Responsibility for the safe use of any relevant equipment
- Adhere to the data protection act and observe customer confidentiality at all times
- To comply with the policies and procedures of Sandwell MBC
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- Good organisational skills alongside the ability to prioritise own workload
- Good keyboard skills with a broad knowledge of ICT and different Microsoft packages
- High attention to detail
- Have the ability to work in a pressured environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and precisely written and verbally
- Flexible attitude and ability to undertake a variety of tasks
- Confident and diplomatic
- Maintain confidentiality, understand data protection
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Organised, reliable and punctual
YOU MUST POSSESS: Maths and English at GCSE Grade C or above, or the Level 2 Functional Skills equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will be expected to undertake a Level 2 qualification in Business Administration, as well as carrying out Functional Skills Tests.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Parmjit Sidhu 0121 569 2099
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017