Admin Apprentice Sandwell Adult & Family Learning Service
As a member of the admin team, you will be part responsible for ensuring the smooth administration of all centres as well as supporting the delivery of wider services. This will involve communicating with staff, processing enrolments, maintaining accurate data, answering telephone and email queries and a range of administrative support tasks.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2017
04 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The duties include:
- Providing reception cover and ensuring that all service users feel welcomed and receive a fair and equitable service.
- Taking telephone calls and recording accurate messages, ensuring all communications (e.g.. telephone calls, e-mails) are dealt with in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner, and taking appropriate action or referring to appropriate officers as required.
- Meeting members of the public, face to face on a daily basis
- Dealing with learner enquiries in respect of course information and availability.
- Ensuring all incoming post is recorded and distributed appropriately.
- Preparation of learning materials including photocopying, collating and distributing as required.
- Identifying and rectifying simple faults with printers and copiers e.g. keeping stocked with paper, clearing paper jams, and replacement of ink cartridges.
- Preparing and producing letters, minutes and posters and other publicity materials as necessary, to include the use of Desk Top Publishing.
- Assisting with the raising of invoices and orders, receipting cash and issuing receipts.
- Assisting with maintaining levels of stock and stationery.
- Maintaining the Assets Register, Goods Received Log and Stock Control Records, ensuring that all records are kept up to date and organised in an easy and accessible manner.
- Attending enrolment sessions, and collecting adult education fees and issuing receipts.
- Accurately inputting into the management information database, to ensure timeliness and accuracy of data.
- Ensuring that classrooms are ready for use, and properly resourced.
- Participating in the operation of the Council’s Appraisal Scheme.
- Complying with policies of Sandwell MBC
- Carrying out any other duties relevant to the post
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Attention to detail
- Excellent computer literacy skills to be able to use a wide range of ICT packages
- Willingness to learn and understand
- Excellent time keeping and attendance
- Demonstrates a commitment to good customer service in all activities
- Discreet and professional at all times with personal data
- Prioritise and plan effectively
- Adhere to the Data Protection Act
YOU MUST HAVE: A minimum of a Grade C in GCSE Maths and English or the Functional Skills Level 2 equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will sit a literacy and numeracy assessment prior to interview, then the successful candidate will be expected to undertake and achieve a Level 2 qualification in Business Administration.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Parmjit Sidhu 0121 569 2099
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017