Business Administration Apprentice Abingdon & Witney College
Abingdon and Witney College have ambitious plans for the future and currently require a full time Business Administration Apprentice to work within the Faculty of Technology and assist in the day-to-day business administration. You will receive on the job training to allow you to play an important role within the faculty and wider organisation.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
04 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To support the work of the Faculty of Technology by completing tasks to a consistently high standard. Providing general administrative support to the faculty staff. Duties will include the administration of our social media platforms, Office 365 sites, online finance systems and processes. Act as the first point of contact for the Head of Faculty and Faculty Administrator, answering incoming telephone calls, dealing with visitors and managing this in a timely and professional manner is essential.
It is essential that the post-holder is able to work independently and proactively using their own initiative. Being able to communicate effectively by telephone and email is therefore considered essential for this role.
- Supporting the faculty staff with their administrative tasks as and when required to ensure the smooth running of the faculty and provide an excellent level of service to all staff, students and stakeholders;
- Effectively manage and maintain the faculty social media accounts;
- To prioritise work according to the guidance of the Head of Faculty and Faculty Area Administrator;
- Be actively involved in the managing, planning and organising of faculty events as directed by the Head of Faculty.
- Provide a prompt response to all queries, communicating effectively with all stakeholders in order to ensure that expectations are well managed and remain efficient;
- To be pro-active in building effective relationships with all colleagues, students and stakeholders;
- To demonstrate and deliver a highly effective customer-focused approach at all times;
- To be a pro-active and positive member of the faculty administrators team, and participate in relevant faculty meetings, minute taking and college staff development activities;
- To carry out any other duties appropriate to the position, as and when required;
- To comply with the College's Data Protection Policy in relation to the collection, use, storage and disposal of personal and sensitive data;
- To work towards and successfully achieve a Level 2 Intermediate or Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration. This will include attendance at College and participation in training and assessments activities in the work place
- To be flexible and adaptable in order to meet challenging deadlines and targets set by the various duties and to cover for colleagues when required.
Other duties applicable to all staff working at Abingdon and Witney College
- It is expected that all members of staff will play a part in ensuring that all students are safe, happy and complete their programmes successfully.
- To comply with College procedures in relation to Safeguarding and the Prevent agenda.
- Participate in a personal development programme.
- Keep abreast of developments in your work area.
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures in force within the College, with particular regard to your own safety and that of other people using the College.
- Adopt high standards of customer service.
- Abide by any College policies in relation to dealings with staff and students, e.g. communications, equal opportunities and employment policies.
As a term of your employment you may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you, commensurate with your grade, at any of the College sites.
The management reserves the right to amend the job description in consultation with the employee to reflect changes in the duties of the post.
Requirements and prospects
It is essential that the postholder has:
The willingness and ability to successfully undertake an Apprenticeship in a Business Administration environment
Ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in literacy and numeracy as part of their Apprenticeship
Excellent interpersonal skills with a range of people – students, staff, parents, employers;
Can demonstrate positive approach to learning and change;
The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
A flexible attitude towards working hours;
Good communication skills, both written and oral;
Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically;
An ability to work quickly and accurately, following agreed procedures;
The ability to use word processor, database and spreadsheet packages;
An ability to pay close attention to detail;
Experience of dealing with the general public;
The ability to work in a team environment.
It is desirable that the postholder has:
Familiarity with a wider range of IT applications;
A qualification / experience in a customer focussed environment or is willing to train
An ability to travel between sites, when required.
A successful applicant will also demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Secretarial skills
- Administrative experience
- Experience of working on a reception desk or as a switchboard operator
- Data input skills
- Call centre experience
- Technical expertise in reprographics/IT
- Accounts experience/qualifications
- Stock control
- Help desk operation
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, ambitious and committed with a passion for providing exceptional business administration and customer service. Being a team player whilst being able to work independently is also important, as is a willingness to learn, a ‘can do’ attitude and strong communication skills.
Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade A* - D or equivalent including English and maths qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
What does the apprenticeship involve?
97% of employers say that effective administration is essential to their business. Business and Administration apprentices can work in a wide variety of challenging job roles and sectors. They learn a broad range of administrative skills to ensure that businesses are productive.
This apprenticeship focuses on developing the sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail that is required for administrators and their companies to be successful. Apprentices will learn skills such as how to type up board meeting documents, put financial information together in spreadsheets, send the daily post or fax and photocopy confidential documents. Training will also be provided on diary and meeting management as well as how to work effectively within an office-based environment.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Business & Administration
- Functional skills in Maths, English and ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Example Course Content:
- Creating business documents
- Using IT in a business environment
- Diary management
- Arranging and co-ordinating meetings
- Handling post
- Copying and managing documents
- Arranging business travel.
Business and Administration
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Abingdon & Witney College
Zainab 01235 216216 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017