Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprentice JCT 20 Dental Clinic
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dentist. Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
03 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dentist. Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery. The ideal candidate will have grade Cs GCSE or above in English and Maths(or equivalent). They must be organised, with good communication skills, be computer literate, keen to learn, be of smart and professional appearance at all times and have a positive attitude.
Your daily activities could include:
- Follow practice policies and procedures
- Establish, promote and maintain productive working relationships with all members of the dental team
- Liaise with the practice manager on all matters concerning administration, pay and service conditions
- Assist with reception and clerical duties as required
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your own work
- Responsible for infection control procedures, setting up and preparing the dental surgery at the start of the day, managing infection control between patients and closing at the end of the day, including cleaning and sterilising instruments and equipment
- Set up and prepare the treatment room appropriately for each patient
- Assist in taking radiographs (according to the level of training)
- Maintain and decontaminate equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instruction and your training
- Provide chairside support to the dentist during treatment
- Monitor, support and reassure patients
- Assist in keeping full and accurate patient records
- Monitor and maintain stocks within the practice
- Maintain CPD and attend annual mandatory training
- Comply with all legislation
- Attend practice meetings as requested
Requirements and prospects
Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team or
alone using their own initiative.
Have the ability to be able to communicate well, verbally portraying a calming
manner to help put patients at ease.
- To have a positive attitude, good organisation skills, punctuality and a helpful manner
- Keen eye for detail
- Reliable and Punctual
GSCE Maths and English A-C or equivalent (preferable)
Hepatitis B essential (will be arranged)
A DBS will be carried out.
About the employer
JCT 20 Dental Clinic
- Level 3 diploma in Dental nursing
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English
- Functional skills Level 2 in maths
- Employer rights and responsibilities
Dental health > Dental Nurse
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Oldham College
Andrea Kearns 0161 785 4072 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017