Business Administration Apprenticeship Swanmore College Of Technology
A great opportunity for to work with this Good rated secondary school undertaking a varied business administration role.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2018
03 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be responsible for providing a high level of administrative support to the general function of the school.
Duties would include:
- Answering internal and external calls
- Receive visitors to the College
- Answer routine enquiries from pupils, staff and visitors
- Ensure the smooth running of Reception
- Update notice boards
- Assist with the daily organisation of registration/tutor wallets
- Provide admin support for staff as requested
- Answer/action emails
- Maintain pupil records including attendance, behaviour, achievements etc.
- Create alerts for pupils and staff
- Assist in the organisation and administration of parents’ evenings
- Assist pupils to make appointments e.g. Careers
- Any other such duties as may reasonably be allocated by the Headteacher or PA to Headteacher/Senior Administrator
Requirements and prospects
- Friendly and supportive, personable approach
- An engaging and inclusive attitude
- Prepared to work as part of a team
- An organised, efficient and timely approach to work
- Attention to detail, methodical approach
- Self-motivated, able to manage own caseload in line with timescales without supervision
- Flexibility and enthusiasm; a willingness to support ad hoc duties as necessary
- Computer and numeracy skills
- For this level Apprenticeship E or above in Maths, English and ICT is requested, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the challenging academic requirements of the framework
- Confident application of English is critical to this role
Things to consider
About the employer
Swanmore College Of Technology
- Bespoke off the job to meet the need of the framework delivered at the College site
- Regular visit and support from the assessor on the workplace
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Fareham College
Fareham College 01329815229
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017