Apprentice Business Administrator TOWER HAMLETS EDUCATION BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP LIMITED
Are you looking for an excellent opportunity to expand your business skills? This company is looking for someone who is well organised and highly motivated to achieve targets. They are looking to take on an enthusiastic individual who is dynamic, hardworking and passionate.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
03 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Tower Hamlets EBP is an independent charity that supports the education, training and development of young people in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets by forming mutually beneficial partnerships between businesses and schools. As an apprentice administrator working alongside the Senior Project Manager of the Become More Team, you will be working towards an advanced (Level 3) Business Administration qualification, within that your day to day tasks will include:
- Managing the stationery and resources used for Become More and Do More Team events; preparing new materials, ordering more stock, ensuring the cupboards and filing systems are kept organised and tidy.
- Attending Become More Team events with Project Managers and providing assistance with preparation of the venues.
- Delivering resources to the venues prior to the event taking place and returning them to the office afterwards, if required.
- Meeting and greeting business volunteers when they arrive at an event; creating a welcoming environment for them, offering refreshments, and answering queries.
- Inputting evaluation form data into SurveyMonkey, an online database.
- Maintaining the CRM database for the Become More Team and updating other project records.
- Dealing with enquiries from employers and schools by telephone and email.
- Handling outgoing and incoming post.
- Preparing resources and refreshments for meetings and conferences.
- Covering general reception duties at busy periods.
- Proactively carrying out other general administrative tasks and project support for Project Managers
Requirements and prospects
- Basic IT skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word) and social media.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to identify tasks that need to be prioritised.
- Motivation and self-drive.
- Excellent communication skills, both in person, over the telephone and in writing.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask administrative work with event support.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work well both as part of a team and independently.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to form relationships with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and levels of hierarchy.
The following competencies are required:
- Adaptability: adjusts to a variety of circumstances, uses own initiative.
- Customer care skills: Excellent people skills with the confidence to respond to positive or negative feedback from young people, volunteers and businesses/employers in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Personal development: displays commitment, seeks improvement
- Relationships: builds business relationships, facilitates team success.
- Task Management: works efficiently, works to deadlines, works competently and can prioritise.
- GCSE English at grade B and Maths at grade C or the equivalent
About the employer
- Full ongoing training will be given by the employer.
- Apprentices will also work towards an Intermediate Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship qualification.
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in Maths, English and ICT
Business and Administration
The Intraining Group Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Intraining Group
Andrew Green 03301233220 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017