Care Assistant Apprentice Merstone Hall Residential Home
Merstone Hall have opened up an exciting apprentice opportunity in Bournemouth. You will be required to provide care on a daily basis to all residents within the home.
Closing date: 02 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2017
03 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assisting residents with dressing, undressing, bathing and personal care
- Helping residents with mobility problems and disabilities
- To care for residents who are unwell i.e. changing dressings and bed nursing
- To plan and assist in mental and physical activities for residents i.e. walking with them, reading, and hobbies
- To make and change beds, light cleaning duties and emptying commodes
- To launder and inspect residents clothing
- To meet and greet visitors to the home and answer telephone calls
- Take part in staff meetings and training activities as directed
- To read and write reports
- To prepare and deliver meals and assist in feeding residents who need help
- To conduct all procedures in the home in line with legislation
Requirements and prospects
- Good time keeping
- Ability to take instruction
- Communicate effectively with all ages
- Ability to work well in a team
- Committed to personal and professional development
- Team player
- Able to use own initiative
No formal qualifications required.
About the employer
QCF training will be provided and a certificate in health and social care will be gained.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults)
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Functional skills - Application of Number Level 1 and Communication Level 1
Health and Social Care
T2 Business Solutions
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by T2 Business Solutions
Joel Walsh 02920534850 Joel.email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Nov 2017