Customer Service Apprenticeship – Garden Centre Cgm Landscapes Ltd
If you have a passion for plants and customer service, start your career with a varied role in a garden centre.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
02 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
If you love, nature and plants and have a passion for providing an excellent standard of customer service, this is a perfect opportunity for you.
Joining CGM Group as part of the team at Downham Home and Garden, you will start your horticultural career as an apprentice in the garden centre, developing a range of skills and learning how to:
- Welcome customers as they enter the store.
- Assist shoppers with finding the goods and products they require, upselling additional products where possible.
- Replenish, receive and store stock.
- Tend to all plants using best horticultural practices, ensuring the availability of quality plant products and sellable stock.
- Provide high quality horticultural advice and guidance to our customers and upselling products where possible.
- Handle cash.
- Operate the tills when required.
- Support the distribution and merchandising of plants in the Store.
- Handle minor customer complaints and queries referring others to the Plant Manager.
- Report any potential threats of shop lifting to the Plants Manager.
- Keep up to date with special promotions including assisting with displays.
- Contribute ideas for the continuous improvement of the Store.
- Support with promotional events where required.
- Ensure the store is clean and well presented at all times.
- And other duties as required.
Working with teams of experienced and specialist individuals, you will have an opportunity to learn about various aspects of the role of a Horticultural Operative, with a view to further training and development after your apprenticeship.
You are not expected to have any particular horticultural knowledge or experience, but this would be an advantage. You will, however, be expected to demonstrate an interest in and understanding of the nature of the role and demonstrate a love of plant life.
You will be required to work weekends and will work 5 days out of 7 every week. The rewards are available with CGM for career and professional development into the future, for the right candidate, but you will need to demonstrate commitment, resilience and a very strong work ethic!
Please note that this position is offered as a customer service opportunity but, subject to the career progression objectives and suitability of the applicant, it could be amended to a horticulture qualification.
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of customer care.
- Any gardening or horticultural knowledge/experience an advantage.
- Strong communication.
- Cheerful and enthusiastic.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Willingness to undertake the full apprenticeship training programme and any other training required to enhance your development.
- GCSE (or equivalent) passes in English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Service:
- NVQ Level 2.
- Technical Certificate Level 2.
- Functional Skills Level 1.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Any additional elements.
- Training in workplace.
SEAC RECRUITMENT SERVICES LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South East Apprenticeship Company
Julie Green firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017