Apprenticeship Accounts Assistant Bowker BMW
To assist the Management Accountants & other members of the Accounts team with the day to day ledger duties and other tasks as required within a busy department
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
02 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties and Responsibilities
- General accounts office administration duties including, answering the phone, daily post distribution, cash banking, etc.
- Review stationery orders – reconcile to statement and ensure best price
- Review credit card charge backs and process
- Assist with the purchase ledger operation
- Invoice batch posting
- Sending invoices for signature and invoice filing
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Monitor and chase credits for invoices in query
- Purchase order processing
- Ad hoc reports and information collection
- Collating company credit card information
- Assisting with the match day cash office operation including;
- Preparation of match paperwork
- Assisting with post-match reconciliation and bulk coin handling
- Assist in match day cash office operation as and when required.
- Assisting with the payroll operations including;
- Collating starter and leaver information
- Processing information in the payroll and online
- Liaising with the payroll supervisor, inputting pay information for casual payroll
- Payslip production and distribution
- Ad hoc reports and analysis
- Assisting with the preparation and collation of information for auditors
- Training will also be provided for other aspects of the accounts function to allow cover for other department members when absent
- Such other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Ability to work independently and part of a team,
- Ability to work well under pressure
5+ GCSE’s including English / Maths grade C/4 or above or equivalent qualification
About the employer
- AAT Level 3 Accountancy
- Functional Skills in Maths and English Languages
- Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours
Accounting > Assistant Accountant
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
The Apprenticeship Team 01254 292500 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017