Golden Star Nursery Apprentice Salma Kalooji
Golden Stars Nursery are looking for an apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Nov 2017
03 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Helping young children to learn, play and develop
- Interact with parents on how their child has been
- Working as part of a team with other nursery nurses
- Reading stories and providing activities to develop Children’s language skills
- Make sure the children are safe and well at all times
- Changing nappies or helping with potty/toilet training
- Helping out with Feeding suitable meals, snacks and drink
Requirements and prospects
- You need to be reliable, flexible, punctual and able to work as part of a team.
- Be able to communicate effectively and confidently with children and adults.
- Also have a keen interest in working with young children.
- Be friendly, happy, self-motivated and work in a professional manner.
- Also be able to manage your time effectively.
For level 2:
GCSEs C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent) are desirable but not required
In the event that the candidate would like to progress onto an Advanced Level Children and Young People Apprenticeship they must have grades A*-C in GCSE English and Maths as these are the entry requirements as of 1st August 2015.
As the criteria has changed to do Level 3 you must now have grades A*-C in GCSE English and Maths as these are the entry requirements as of 1st August 2015.
About the employer
The nursery is very acessible and situated on the Coventry Road, which has numerous bus routes.
Depending on the Level taken:
- Level 2 - Certificate in Children’s and the Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 3 - Diploma in Early Years Educator
Children and Young People's Workforce
CRACKERJACK TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Crackerjack Training Limited
Danielle Prosser 0121 454 2043
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017