Nursery Assistant Apprentice Wetherby House Montessori
To be trained to do the same post as a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant. To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
02 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The nursery apprentice will be required to do the following:
Being a Nursery Assistant involves having extensive knowledge of children. It requires knowing what makes them happy; keeping them entertained and being able to teach them in a way that they can readily understand.
The successful candidate will be working with children aged from 3 months to 5 years, and will report to the room leader. You must ensure that high quality care is provided within a positive, safe and happy environment.
- To assist in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy Nursery playroom and equipment.
- To ensure good hygiene is maintained at all times.
- To ensure all children are signed in and out.
- To supervise meals and mealtimes.
- To change under supervision nappies.
- To communicate with parents and other visitors in a calm, friendly and efficient manner.
- To assist with integrating the studios activities into the overall educational themes and objectives of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
- Attend College and completing assignments on time.
- To attend team meetings and imputing ideas.
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery.
- To be aware of the nurseries confidentiality policy.
- Working and Playing With Children
- Stress Management and Control
- Initiative and Time Management
- Taking Care Of Children
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings summer fair, Christmas party, etc.
- To input and contribute to ideas regarding implementation of policies and procedures such as Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Leadership and Organisation
- Being Proactive and Motivated
- Professionalism and Teamwork
- Communication and Listening
- Knowledge Of Children’s Story and Nursery Rhymes
- Being Flexible and Understanding
- Being Happy and Funny
5 GCSE's or equivalent with Maths and English inclusive
About the employer
Wetherby House Montessori
Diploma Level 2 in Children and Young People Workforce
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Manley Summers Training Recruitment Services
Edward Wright Nelson Owusu Osei 02074070015 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017