Hairdressing Apprentice ASH HEATON MOOR LIMITED
The ideal candidate will need to be committed and enthusiastic to the role and be willing to support the team members on the salon floor. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to complete a hairdressing apprenticeship, is passionate about hairdressing and wants to become a great hairdresser.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
02 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The L2 apprentice will learn the practical skills and communication skills related to the profession of Hairdressing. Hard work and commitment is required.
The Apprentice Key Tasks -
- Meet and greet clients. Ensure the clients are offered coffee/tea, magazines to ensure client comfort.
- Shampooing and conditioning, hair treatments and rinsing off colours.
- Practical skills such as blow drying, eventually colouring, foils and cutting will be incorporated into the training sessions.
- To ensure that salon cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the day to ensure the salon is always welcoming.
- Assist the stylists on the salon floor.
- Reception duties including answering the phone and making client appointments.
- To advise clients on all products and treatments the salon can offer.
- Be aware of the changing new looks and fashion trends
- To adopt and maintain a positive and friendly attitude and to behave in a professional manner at all times.
- With regard to dress, hairstyles, make-up and personal hygiene. This should be maintained at all times and in keeping with the standards set by the salon.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and interaction skills
- Excellent time keeper
- A can do attitude
- Some creative flair
- Working in a team
No formal qualifications are required. However GCSE grades A-C in Maths & English or equivalent could be beneficial.
- Well presented for the industry
- Self Motivated
Things to consider
About the employer
ASH HEATON MOOR LIMITED
You will be working towards your NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing. Training will be provided one day a week at Terence Paul Academy to complete practical and theoretical. Training will also be supported throughout the working week in the salon. Creating stylists of the future is at the heart of Terence Paul philosophy. Terence Paul has a reputation for high quality training and consistently high success rates for NVQ Programs. Please note the training delivery site will be Terence Paul Training Academy Stockport.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
The Growth Company
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Terence Paul Hairdressers
Kay Cooke 07709952403 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017