Apprentice Nursery Practitioner SEESAWS DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Urgent Vacancy! Apprentice Nursery Practitioner required for Seesaws Day Nursery, a leading private nursery who have various branches in Birmingham/West Midlands. Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Children and Young People Level 2 for 12 months.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
29 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice Nursery nurse required for Seesaw, a leading private day nursery with successful branches in Birmingham/West Midlands.
Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 2 for 12 months.
Duties will include:
- Promoting high standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child.
- Assisting individual needs in order to optimise progress and development.
- Carrying out effective and thorough daily programmes drawn up for each age related activity.
- Ensuring rooms, toys and equipment are kept clean and in a safe condition and any maintenance needs or equipment breakages are reported.
- As a part of commitment to safety and hygiene of the children, ensure room is cleaned thoroughly each week, including disinfecting walls and paintwork once a month.
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are compiled with.
- Any other related duties to support nursery requirements.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Cope well under pressure
- Team player
- Work well on own initiative
- Passion to work with children
- Caring nature
- GCSE grade A*-C in Maths and English (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Children & Young People's Workforce Level 2 qualification
- Full training provided at employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor Visits, Observations and Reviews
- Witness Testimonies from Employer
- Technical Certificate (industry knowledge)
- Workshops held at the Gordon Franks Training centre
Children and Young People's Workforce
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gordon Franks
Shakera Rahman 0121 333 3001 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017