Apprentice Administrative Assistant SBSC LTD
The position will be full time and based at Maidencombe although there may be occasions when you are required to work from another site. This is a brand new role, required as the company is growing, the role will evolve and become tailored to meet the needs of the client group and management team as well as building on the individual’s abilities.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
02 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The domiciliary care agency office and farm service is based in Maidencombe, Torquay. The position will be full time and based at Maidencombe although there may be occasions when you are required to work from another site.
The office is a very busy environment and the ability to multi task is essential.
The service is for adults with differing needs, therefore, it is essential that a patient, understanding approach is adopted, promoting our ethos and upholding confidentiality.
This is a brand new role, required as the company is growing, the role will evolve and become tailored to meet the needs of the client group and management team as well as building on the individual’s strengths and abilities.
The position is subject to a full DBS check.
- To answer the telephone and deal with calls – re-directing when required, taking accurate messages.
- Communicate professionally with staff members, people who use the service, relatives and other professionals.
- Deal with company emails, filter, print, and reply as required.
- Have a general knowledge of the Care standards and complete the Care Certificate
- Updating databases
- Drafting presentations, reports, memos and other correspondence
- Scheduling meetings and functions
- Arranging for equipment maintenance
- Electronic filing
- Maintaining records
- Initially set up staff folders and routinely check to ensure all information required is present and filed correctlyInitially set up client folders and routinely check to ensure all information required is present and filed correctly.
- Support the team by providing information for clients in a variety of formats including, pictures, symbols audio, video, stickers and charts.
- General administrative tasks including filing, typing, letters, diary management, scheduling of appointments.
- To assist in the purchase and provision of office stationery.
- Support the management team to ensure adequate staff compliment at all times.
- Assist in the recording of and obtaining of staff training, including up to date training records and matrix.
- Assist in compiling of the staff hours weekly.
- Assist in the up-keeping of documents and paperwork including data bases.
- Support with the filling in of various forms on behalf of the service users.
- Assist in the obtaining of quotes for insurances and utilities as and when required.
- A good knowledge of IT skills and of Microsoft Office applications.
- The Job role will be for the company as a whole and although largely based at Maidencombe Manor there will be occasions when you will be required to work from the another site.
- This list not exhaustive, and from time to time you may be required to undertake training to perform additional duties as part of your role.
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills
- Ability to focus on tasks
- Amicable and reliable
- Courteous and respectful
- Customer service
- Grammar and English
- Operating office equipment
- Records management
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Written and verbal communication
- Detail oriented
- Caring nature
- Dedicated and focused
- Cheerful disposition
- Ability to make people feel at ease
Willing to train, so none required.
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ in Business and Administration - assessed in the workplace.
- You will attend South Devon College one day a week for 12 weeks to complete the Business Administration Technical Certificate.
- Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 1 or 2 if required.
Business and Administration
SOUTH DEVON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Devon College
Samantha Owen firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017