Apprentice Nursery Practitoner E C Roberts Centre
To be a supportive member of staff by providing care and stimulation to the children and encouraging them to achieve their full potential.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Oct 2017
29 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Act as a member of the staff team of the EC Roberts Centre - attending meetings
- To respect confidentiality within the nursery
- To attend training to gain an NVQ Level 2/3 in children and young people workforce
- To develop a thorough knowledge of all the company's operational policies and procedures, ensuring that they are follows and respected at all times
- To fully understand the requirements of the early years foundation stage
- To assist with project planning and implementation and with observation and record keeping of the children
- To attend staff training, supervision and yearly appraisals
- To participate in drawing up long term, medium term, and short term planning of activities and experiences
Requirements and prospects
- Able to maintain a neutral stance and create a non threatening environment
- Observation and assessment skills
- Able to relate positively to a wide range of people
- Able to follow a work plan as an individual and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to personal developement
Basic ability in Reading and Writing
Commitment to train to an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education.
- GCSE Mathamatics - (A*- C or equivalent)
- GCSE English - (A*- C or equivalent)
About the employer
Training will be provided by Training Associates, providing the successful apprentice with an NVQ Level 2/3 in Children and Young People workforce.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Sara Warry 02380 010210 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017