Apprentice Management Assistant Newtown Surgery
East Norfolk Medical Practice are looking for an apprentice to join their growing team, the ideal candidate would be someone who has a great work ethic and is passionate about working in this sector and wanting to help others with an interest with Business Administration and Customer Service.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
29 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
East Norfolk Medical Practice are looking for an apprentice management assistant to join their growing team, the ideal candidate would be someone who is passionate about working in this sector and wanting to help others.
The role will mainly consist of business administrative duties although you will complete customer service duties alongside this as you will be dealing with patients on the telephone and in writing.
Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the practice reception/administration team may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the practice manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- To work in accordance with practice protocols.
- Dealing with internal and external post, including franking mail.
- Taking messages and passing on information accurately.
- Telephoning and writing to patients.
- Filing and retrieving paperwork.
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Assisting with rota planning.
- Administrative support as required.
- Processing incoming pathology results and follow up tasks.
- Processing online access requests from patients.
- Using practice clinical system (training will be given).
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills and confident telephone manner.
- Computer literate, good knowledge of Powerpoint and Microsoft Office.
- Driven to work in a medical/care environment.
- Desire to help others.
- GCSE, or equivalent, English and Maths C (4) above desirable.
About the employer
As well as on the job training you will complete a Business Administration Level 3 apprenticeship framework. This may also include functional skills in English and Maths at level 1 and/or 2 depending on prior qualifications.
You will work towards:
- Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Framework.
Functional Skills in English and Maths:
- No functional skills to be completed if you have obtained a GCSE C and above or equivalent.
- Functional Skills level 2 will be completed, if you have obtained a GCSE D or E grade, functional skills level 1 or equivalent.
- Functional Skills level 1 will be completed, if you have not obtained any equivalent qualifications. Upon completing level 1 functional skills you will progress onto level 2.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills Edge
Calvin Goodson 07969898364 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017