Business Administration Apprentice TOPRANK-SPORT LIMITED
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Top Rank Sport undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hard working and friendly team.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
29 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will include various administration, customer service, retail duties, with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter.
- Assist with promotions the company is dealing with.
- Dealing with queries from customers online and, when trained, face-to-face.
- Be involved in our social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Update company’s website.
- List products, process orders/queries through eBay and Amazon.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner.
- Occasionally involved with sponsorship events.
- Processing orders.
- Preparing orders.
- Dealing with the paperwork for postal and courier services.
- Helping with deliveries.
- Dealing with delivery notes.
- To undertake filing, scanning/photocopying and distribution of relevant documents.
- Support to members of the management team.
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and Internet explorer.
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors and dealing with enquiries.
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required.
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy.
- Dealing with stationery/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate.
- Dealing with requests for information.
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Must have a good level of literacy skills.
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages.
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- The successful candidate will be organised.
- Willing to work effectively in the team.
- An enthusiastic individual.
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record.
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required.
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual.
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development.
Grade C or above in English and Maths GCSE or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
Things to consider
About the employer
WELCOME TO TOPRANK SPORT
EUROPE'S LARGEST MARTIAL ARTS & BOXING RETAILER
At TopRank Sport we supply the best martial arts clothing and sparring equipment both online and in-store With one of the largest selections in the country, you’ll be hard pressed not to find the item you’re looking for whether you are a Judo master or a Boxing champ we have everything you need.
Our 11.500 sq ft retail space showcases the biggest names in MMA, Boxing and Combat Sports. These brands include Adidas Combat, Cleto Reyes, Sandee, Venum, Bad Breed, Bytomic, Century, Corex, Everlast,Giko, Greenhill, MTG,Opro, Revgear, Tatami, UFC, Bad Boy, Top Ten, Century Martial Arts, Blitz, Hayabusa, Fairtex, Arawaza, Gameness, Knockout and Macho to name but a few.
As well as being an established online retailer we also have a bricks and motar retail store. Try before you buy and buy with confidence.
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration – the NVQ qualification starts on date of employment - evidence is gathered and assessed in the workplace.
The candidate will understand the following:
- Organising and administering meetings
- Manage diary systems
- How to use different office equipment
- Organisation of travel and accommodation
- Use of mail services in a business
- Understand customer service in a business
- How to prepare different types of business documents
- Understand data protection
- How information is managed in business organisations
- Health and safety
- Confirming understanding of the company’s policies
Delivered in college or the workplace – the delivery if in college starts in April or September, on a Wednesday.
- Maths Level 1 then 2
- English Level 1 then 2
- ICT Level 1
Exemptions may apply if the candidate holds GCSE grade C or equivalent in the above subjects.
You will be required to attend college one day per week for this training.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017