Advanced Childcare Apprentice Little Tigers Childminding Service
Little Tigers Childminding Service is looking to employ an Advanced Childcare Apprentice to join the busy team. Full training will be provided by Little Tigers Childminding Service and Total People.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
27 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Little Tigers Childminding Service is looking to employ an Advanced Childcare Apprentice to join the busy team.
Full training will be provided by Little Tigers Childminding Service and Total People.
You will be helping to ensure the safety and security of children in the setting whilst promoting the children's learning and enjoyment through planned play experiences.
The role will include:
- Supporting children's care routines such as meal and sleep times
- Helping to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities from outdoor play to creative activities and reading stories
- To supervise and support children's play
- Extending children's interests
- Ensuring they feel safe and secure at all times
The minimum duration of the course is 2 years.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to communicate well with children and adults.
- Able to work as an effective team member.
- Good communication skills.
- GCSE or equivalent at grade A-C in Maths and English is ideal but not essential.
- Previous Level 2 qualification in childcare preferred.
About the employer
- Level 3 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skill Application of Number & Communication Level 2
- Paediatric first aid
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Full on the job training
Children and Young People's Workforce
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total People Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017