Apprentice Receptionist Jessica Agarwal & Murli Agarwal
To assist the practice team by working within the Reception and Admin department of a busy GP Surgery based in Sparkhill
Closing date: 27 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Nov 2017
26 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for someone to join a team who plays an integral part of a patient’s health and wellbeing journey as an apprentice receptionist. You will deal with patients’ queries, liaising with clinical staff and external professionals using the practices bespoke database.
You will need to have excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone. Have good IT and organisational skills. You will be fully trained and gain a qualification in Customer Service Practitioner.
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection are observed at all times.
- Answering the telephone
- Dealing with patient queries, providing a high standard of customer service
- Arranging hospital transport
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literate
- Task driven
- Attention to detail
- Hard working
- Personal motivation
- Ability to work as part of an integrated multi-skilled team
- Would be desirable if you could speak either Urdu, Punjabi or Hindi
- Able to work under pressure
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent) is desired but not essential
About the employer
Jessica Agarwal & Murli Agarwal
- At level 2 City & Guilds Diploma In Customer Service Practitioner
- Level 1 / 2 Functional Skills in Math, English
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- End Point Assessment
Customer service > Customer Service Practitioner
LIGA (UK) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LIGA (UK) LTD
Helena Jacinto 0845 177 1880 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Nov 2017