Hairdressing Apprenticeship THE BOUTIK LIMITED
The Boutik are looking to take on an apprentice to join their expanding team in Plymstock, Plymouth.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
26 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The ideal candidate will be fully supported by a qualified member of staff who will guide you through your apprenticeship and help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to know.
Through your apprenticeship you will be involved in a variety of duties which will help you gain what you need to fulfil your apprenticeship and become a qualified stylist on completion of your training.
Duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Shampooing and removing colour
- Drying and styling hair
With a combination of off-the-job training and on site support within the workplace, you will learn all the Hairdressing skills required to put into practice throughout your apprenticeship. You will learn to use all the equipment safely and correctly which will help to build your confidence to use your imagination when working on clients hair.
The salon experience generally starts at the hands of the apprentice, where you will be learning the art of heavenly scalp massage whilst washing and treating clients hair, putting them at ease ready for the stylist to take over.
The employer will assist you with all aspects of your training, where you will learn creative hairdressing and barbering techniques to meet the individual requirements of your clients. You will master colouring, cutting, setting and styling skills through on going practice sessions on models in preparation for your assessment on clients.
You will also learn about promoting the salon services, styling team and latest offers, through the ICT element which enables you to develop your skills by using social networks in a safe and professional way. As part of your apprenticeship you will also be required to attend training sessions weekly to undertake additional training which will enhancing your theory and practical elements.
You will be shown all the company processes and procedures including Health and Safety in the workplace, making sure that all work areas are kept clean and tidy throughout the day, to assist in the smooth operations of the salon.
Requirements and prospects
- Candidates will need to be enthusiastic about training, have a creative flair and a genuine passion for the Hairdressing industry. Building good relationships with clients is a vital part of a successful salon so excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent communication, high standards of hygiene and appearance and a keen team player are essential for any salon apprentice. You will learn how to demonstrate this consistently to ensure that you promote a positive image at all times.
- The employer is looking for candidates who have a pleasant personality, who are confident and well mannered with excellent communications when interacting with both clients and colleagues.
- You must be able to use your own initiative throughout each day, and be focused on all the duties required for this exciting role. good timekeeping and attendance are very important, together with a flexible approach to working hours to meet clients needs.
Qualifications required for this role include GCSE or equivalent A-E in English and Maths or the equivalent, for the initial induction process with Skills Group, but not essential as having the enthusiasm and a willingness to succeed are also important for this position.
Things to consider
About the employer
THE BOUTIK LIMITED
The Apprenticeship in Hairdressing includes:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
Some aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site and you will have regular visits every 2 to 4 weeks from your designated assessor from Skills Group, who will monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As part of your apprenticeship you will be expected to attend college one day per week, where you will improve upon your knowledge and practical skills.
As an additional qualification, Skills Group will help you achieve your Emergency First Aid and Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Olivia 01752 332442
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017