Intermediate Apprentice in Business Administration Chelmsford College
This administrative position in the Registry and Student Admin area is ideal for someone who enjoys working within the business environment and would suit someone with good communication and organisational skills and likes to be kept busy all the time.
Closing date: 02 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Nov 2017
04 Oct 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Chelmsford College delivers Apprenticeship training across a variety of industry sectors.
Chelmsford College benefits from access to specialist, up-to-date facilities in areas like engineering; childcare; hair; beauty.
We look at up-skilling the workforce of an organisation to make it more effective, productive and competitive. Our aim is to offer an excellent standard of training and support to make a positive difference to a business, to improve efficiency, morale and impact.
Commitment to provide quality training programmes is the ethos of Chelmsford College Group.
- To support and assist with College events; campaigns, admissions evenings, information evenings, parents evenings, enrolments etc.(including outside of office hours).
- To assist with any filing, mailshots and other clerical duties that are required.
- Assists with the arrangements of meetings, interviews. Ensuring that staff have all relevant documentation.
- Responsible for the ordering and processing of termly travel pass applications.
- Ensures that the information and advice given to clients and their parents/employers is accurate and supportive.
- Supports Reception and Information Centre staff as required.
- Ensures that all documentation is appropriate and maintained in an accurate manner.
- Deals with enquiries from the general public, students, parents, members of staff and other external agencies. At all times takes care to treat information in a confidential manner.
- Assists with the recording of Admissions application forms and associated paper work.
- Liaises with applicants and their sponsors to ensure that they are informed about their application.
- Assists with the recording of applicant’s qualifications prior to enrolment.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Hard working
Maths and English GCSE, Grade C or above (or equivalent).
About the employer
- Level 3 NVQ in Business and Administration
- Level 3 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Fiona Byford-smith 01245 293009
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 02 Nov 2017