Software Development Technician Apprentice Morrisons
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician Apprentice with Morrison’s Supermarkets PLC, based in Bradford.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Nov 2017
26 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
By going straight from school or early work experience onto our apprenticeship programme, you’ll be placed in a real paid job while we support you in obtaining a Software Development Technician (Level 3) Apprenticeship. Alternatively, you may already work for us and want the opportunity to get a nationally recognised qualification. You’ll receive support from all levels across the business, including a ‘buddy’ and a mentor to help you succeed in your development.
To join the scheme you must be at least 18 and have (or expect to achieve) 4 GCSE’s at Grade C or equivalent.
This 15 month programme is designed to unlock your potential and prepare you for an exciting career in technology with one of the UK’s leading food retailers and manufacturers.
Some of your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Contributing in the analysis, design and creation of software solutions to help achieve business objectives.
- Being accountable for the development of Morrisons own quality software and following industry standard methodologies and guidelines.
- Developing and delivering zero defect software components for new and existing solutions.
- Accurately delivering to specification and meeting agreed time and quality expectations.
- Working effectively as part of a team and adhering to departmental processes and methodologies.
- Providing technical support to senior team members.
- Working with key business stakeholders and developing knowledge of continuous improvement deliveries around key IT systems.
- Being responsible for the delivery of personal workload when working within a team; monitoring and tracking inputs, deliverables and adherence to schedules and plans.
- Establishing technical knowledge of coding standards for bespoke systems.
- Gaining technical knowledge of 3rd party and bespoke applications.
- Understanding the functions of Morrison’s IT systems, both bespoke and purchased.
Requirements and prospects
- Proven ability to study and learn new skills and keep current with latest IT trends.
- Ability to work and achieve within a fast paced environment; working in a “fleet of foot” way and responding positively and quickly to changing demands and priorities.
- Self-starter, competent at taking on assignments and consulting appropriate parties and escalate where progress is impeded.
- Logical thinker.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communicator.
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Positive and enthusiastic candidate willing to learn and excel in development.
- Sound decision maker.
- Creative thinker.
- Pursues excellence.
- Motivated and driven.
- Future orientated.
4 GCSEs at grade A* to C (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Design Fundamentals
- User Interface Design
- System Development
- Software Development Context & Methodologies
- Database Software
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Software Development Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Alex Christodoulou 0133500333 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2017