Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Apprentice A K Services
You will be learning all areas of the role to become a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineer.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2017
29 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A hardworking and diligent person is required to fill an apprentice role within our Driffield site. This role will see you travelling around the area maintaining customer's equipment and also installation of new machinery in to commercial or private properties. You will need to have a technical mind and be comfortable using hand held as well as electric tools.
An excellent standard of Maths is required for this role as you will be carrying out complex calculations, along with an excellent standard of English (Grade A* - C in both or equivalent).
You must be flexible and it would be desirable for you to have a full and clean driving license.
There are excellent prospects available for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- The ability to follow technical instructions
- An understanding of safe working practices for the industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible in your approach to work
- GCSE Grade A* - C English and Maths, Functional Skills, or Level 2 equivalents
- GCSE Grade A* - C in ICT, Functional Skills, or Level 2 ICT equivalent
About the employer
As well as training which will take place with your supervisor and in the field, you will also undertake the following formal training in the classroom:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Installing and Maintaining Refrigeration Systems
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Installing, Testing and Maintaining Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems
- Mathematics Level 2 (where you do not have a concession)
- English Level 2 (where you do not have a concession)
- ICT Level 1 (where you do not have a concession)
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
AIRCO REFRIGERATION AND AIRCONDITIONING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by AIRCO REFRIGERATION AND AIRCONDITIONING LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017