IT Support Apprentice GARC LTD
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Global Asset Support, an IT Support and Telecommunications Company, based in Manchester.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
£10,000.00 - £18,000.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
17 Nov 2017
25 Sep 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Global Asset Support is looking for additional Helpdesk/Field Analysts who can help provide first, second and third line support to the business community. The successful applicants would be expected to work closely with their line manager and other members of the team as appropriate to resolve internal queries.
Your main duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Working as part of a first and second line support team, answering calls from business users in multiple geographic locations.
- Work will be undertaken in accordance with service level agreements to ensure that all support calls and help desk requests are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Ensuring support calls are logged, updated and followed through to resolution on the helpdesk system.
- Resolving support incidents on remote networks, VOIP phones, servers, workstations, printers and mobile devices.
- Escalating more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member.
- Administration of Active Directory/Group Policy.
- Carrying out day to day maintenance, administration and support on all computer systems as per the daily operations check list.
- Preparing and testing of IT and Telco equipment including; Monitors, servers, workstations, printers and mobile devices.
- Asset management and tracking.
- Working with project teams to help implement internal systems.
- Familiarising yourself with the network and all applications and increasing your understanding of the system interfaces and operational interdependencies.
Requirements and prospects
- Some experience of 1st or 2nd line support in a Windows-based environment
- Experience with MS Exchange/Office 365
- Experience with VOIP Technology (Asterisk, Freeswitch)
- Strong networking configuration and troubleshooting skills
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in MS operating systems, Windows 7 and Server 2016/2012/2008
- Proficient in Mac OS X operating systems is also desirable
- Experience of Active Directory and Group Policy Management
Experience of ICT Security (AV, Firewalls), DHCP & DNS, Storage Systems, LANs, WANs & Wireless, TCP/IP Networking Principles, IP Telephony and Virtualization Technologies desirable
- Excellent Phone Manner
- Eager to learn/progress in the career
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals and & Customer Service Skills
- Business Processes & Network Fundamentals
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
- Networking and Architecture
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Chloe Adams 01133500333 Chloe.Adams@estio.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017