Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Apprentice AURORA CARE AND EDUCATION OPCO LIMITED
To provide a full and effective reception service to Meldreth and Orchard Manor. To provide administrative and secretarial support, including typing correspondence, reports and other documents, minuting meeting, maintaining files and booking equipment, vehicles etc.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
27 Nov 2017
21 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include the following:
- Undertake word processing duties, for example reports, in a presentable manner.
- Produce a range of letters and documents using Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other software, as required.
- Attend and minute meetings.
- Maintain records and files in an orderly fashion so that information can be retrieved quickly and effectively.
- Maintain a neat, tidy and professional reception area.
- Operate telephone system ensuring incoming and outgoing calls are dealt with professionally and directed to the appropriate person.
- Greet all visitors, parents, contractors and staff in a friendly and courteous manner, directing them on site according to need; issue passes, ensuring they understand the site’s Health and Safety requirements.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse range of visitors and staff, establishing their requirements for being on site.
- Control outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail.
- Receive deliveries and ensure they are directed to the appropriate person(s).
- Maintain vehicle booking in and out systems, accommodation and room booking systems.
- Support the L&D Manager by preparing training material as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in accordance with Data Protection.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to demonstrate experience of administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Be able to establish accurate databases.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and maintain accuracy.
- Good communication both verbal and written.
- Abuility to work as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise discreaton and ensure confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills - diplomacy, tact, influencing and assertiveness.
- Patient and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
- Good level of Maths and English.
- Good communication skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will undertake an Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. This will include:
- The Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
Business and Administration
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cambridge Regional College
Apprenticeships Team 01223 418778
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017