Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice HOUSE OF HAIR (BRIGHTON) LTD
As a Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice, you will learn all aspects of hairdressing from shampooing clients hair, reception duties, cleaning, mixing colours and greeting clients whilst working towards a city and guilds NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing. You will work full time hours and attend Lookfantastic training centre in Hove one day a week.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Nov 2017
21 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We have space for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join our team.
- You will learn all aspects of hairdressing from basic cuts, shampooing clients hair, reception duties, cleaning, mixing colours and greeting clients.
- Learning hairdressing as an apprentice will also give you valuable knowledge of how a salon runs day to day.
- You will work full time hours including weekends for 4 days.
- You will be required to attend Lookfantastic training centre in Hove one day a week to complete your qualification in hairdressing. This will involve a mix of theory and practical lessons and some focused workshops.
Requirements and prospects
Friendly and open nature
Keen to learn
Passion for hairdressing
English and Math grade C or equivalent is preferred but we can deliver Functional Skills as part of your course so these are not necessary.
Things to consider
About the employer
HOUSE OF HAIR (BRIGHTON) LTD
- Level 2 Hairdressing
- Training will take place in our Hove training centre one day a week. There will be a mix of theory and practical lessons and you will be assessed in the training centre or in your salon.
- As a level two you will be learning the basics of hairdressing and of working within a salon.
- The units you cover may include:
- Style and finish hair, Set and dress hair, Cut hair using basic techniques, Colour and lighten hair, Advise and consult with clients, Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp, Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work, Relax hair, Perm and neutralise hair, Plait and twist hair, Temporarily attach hair to enhance a style, Remove hair extensions, Fulfil salon reception duties, Cut men's hair using basic techniques.
REWARDS TRAINING RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rewards Training Recruitment Consultancy
Stephanie Lloyd 01273 778631 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2017