Accounts Apprentice WINDOW WIDGETS (2006) LIMITED
*JANUARY START* We are looking for an Accounting Apprentice to become a valued member of our team, working alongside our trained staff to complete tasks and work towards your AAT qualification. We have a very hands on approach and we all complete various tasks within the finance department, there are very few tasks designated to one staff member.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Dec 2017
21 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties would include:
- Working independently or within a team, where required
- Use of Sage 200 & Microsoft office package
- Deliver a high standard of customer service and develop working relationships within the business
- Filing and archiving of financial information
- Administration assistance to the Finance Team
- Opening post and processing post to go out where required
- Updating of our customer data base for email addresses etc.
- Assisting in invoicing and crediting customers
- Assist in preparing, finalising and submitting customer statements
- Credit Control; liaising with customers for payment dates
- Assisting in processing suppliers invoices
- Scanning of paperwork onto the cloud based filing system for audit trail purposes
- Communication with customers and suppliers via e-mail & telephone
- Assisting on collecting the card payments taken and the reconciliation report
- Assisting on posting the bank statements where required
- Processing cheque payments where required
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible with a can do attitude
GCSE Maths and English A – C (9 - 4) (or equivalent qualifications)
Things to consider
About the employer
- L2 Certificate in Accounting – Association of Accounting Technicians
- Functional Skills: L1 Eng and L1 Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gloucestershire College
Robyn Cook 01452 563406 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2017