Retail Apprentice Christopher Scotney Ltd
Are you looking for a career in Retail? A rare and fantastic opportunity has arisen to work and train as a Retail Apprentice with Christopher Scotney Menswear, a well-established premier independent retailer of men's fashion and formal wear in Leicester city centre.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
21 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The position will include working closely with our experienced team in aspects of the retail business.
- This would typically include serving our customers as well as ensuring the store is clean and well presented at all times.
- There will also be an opportunity to support our team in the continued success of our transactional website.
- There might also be an opportunity to assist in the buying and processing of stock and merchandising.
In addition to the weekly wage, we also offer a generous staff discount programme.
This position will give the top candidate the chance to progress right up the career ladder and we will invest a great deal of time and effort to support the best individual.
In the longer term and for the right person, this may lead to substantial opportunities for the apprentice to progress through within the sector.
Consequently we are looking for a capable and motivated individual who takes a great deal of pride in their work and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude towards their responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills are essential to this role and would suit somebody with a strong personality.
- It is essential that you are well presented, confident and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn new skills.
- An interest in Men's fashion would also be advantageous.
- GCSE grade C passes in English and Mathematics would be desirable, or equivalent qualification, but not essential as full support can be provided.
Things to consider
About the employer
We have been based at our award winning store on the London Road in Leicester since 1972. We aim to offer a product for all occasions. Our emphasis is on style, quality and service. This, plus an onsite tailor and a handy car park; are designed to make every shopping experience a real pleasure.
This is a Leicester College Apprenticeship Training Agency vacancy where you will be employed by Leicester College and complete the practical training with the host company Christopher Scotney is a well established men's designer clothing store and men's suit hire shop with nearly 40 years experience in delivering quality and service.
We are an authorised stockist which means all our men's designer clothing products and men's hire suits are current season and are bought directly from the manufacturer by our dedicated buying team.
- Level 2 Retailer Apprenticeship Standard.
Retail > Retailer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Recruitment Team 0116 2295509
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017