Apprentice Carer Angel Home Care
Assist and carry out personal care i.e. assisting with dressing, bathing and toileting. Provide Social Support. Accompanying clients to social activities, hospital visits and doctors. Assist Service Users to manage medication. Keeping clients homes clean and tidy. Laundry Shopping and Food Preparation.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
26 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Purpose of the Job.
To provide practical help and personal care and to offer support and encouragement to Service Users living in their own homes. To enhance their well-being and to promote their independence. Angel Home Care believe that all our Service Users should be looked after with dignity and respect and we are proud of the high standards we provide through employing competent and highly trained staff.
- To carry out personal care such as: Assisting Service Users to get in and out of Bed. Assisting Service Users to get dressed/undressed. Assisting Service Users with bathing and toileting.
- To provide social support such as: Companionship and stimulation. Accompanying to social activities and hospital/doctor visits.
- Assist Service Users to manage their medication in line with Angel Home Care policies and procedures.
- To Provide domestic assistance and support as part of the care plan such as: Keeing Service Users homes clean and tidy by helping them to manage the tasks they find most difficult - dusting, washing dishes, bed making, vacuuming, polishing, cleaning floors, bathrooms, kitchens etc.
- Shopping and food preparation.
- General assistance with laundry.
- Report to the Manager any problems or concerns or any changes in the Service Users condition, needs or circumstances.
- To follow instructions and care plans and to work in accordance with Angel Home Care's policies and procedures, the Staff Handbook, legislation and safe working practices at all times.
- To act professionally at all times and to establish good working relationships with Service Users, colleagues and other professionals.
- To encourage service users to use aids provided and to maintain their independence and mobility.
- To undergo training, including induction, statutory training and regular update sessions. In accordance with the Commission for Social Care Inspection all community carers, if not already qualified to NVQ Level 2 in Care, must enrol within 6 months of employment.
- It is a requirement of your employment that we obtain satisfactory references, Protection of Vulnerable Adults check and Criminal Records Bureau check.
Requirements and prospects
- Have a Full Driving Licence.
- Good communication.
- Own your own car.
- Honest and Reliable.
- Work as part of a team or when completed training work independently.
Minimum of Level 1 Functional Skills for Maths and English or GCSE Level equivalents
Things to consider
About the employer
Angel Home Care
- Health and Social Care Level 2
- Care Certificate
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Employers Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
Health and Social Care
ACACIA TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Acacia Training And Development Ltd
S Youens 01752 670811 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017