Play work Apprentice Wickersley After School Club
Wickersley Kids Club is looking for a play work apprentice to join their busy team.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
26 Oct 2017
20 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Wickersley Kids Club are looking for a child care apprentice to work at their Kids Club in S66 area of Rotherham.
The successful applicants will be working alongside team members and managers who deliver an excellent level of service and care for children aged 4-16. Awarded Rotherham Childcare Champions 2010 this setting provides comprehensive training and development for all its staff members.
Typical duties will involve:
- Picking up children from school settings and safely escorting to Kids club
- Offering and assisting with evening meal options
- Arranging activities including indoor and outdoor play, DVDs, arts, crafts
- Assisting with any home work/ school work
- During school holidays the role will also involve day trips and supervising children on outings and events.
This role will involve early mornings and evening shift pattern work Monday- Friday/30hrs per week.
Requirements and prospects
The successful applicants will be:
- Able to use initiative, work both as a team and independently
- Able to communicate well with children of a varying age
- Able to be creative in arranging activities
- Confidence in assisting children with areas of development or school work
Applicants must be:
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to communicate, friendly and helpful
- Willing to learn
- Hard working & committed
- Passionate and enthusiastic about working with children!
A*-C GCSEs in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications preferred.
Things to consider
About the employer
Wickersley After School Club
Full induction training will be provided by the employer. Interserve Learning and Employment will deliver the child care apprenticeship with regular assessor visits to your place of work including any relevant functional skills and Technical Certificates.
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Leah Hayes 07738 710070 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today