Child Care Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Oakhouse Montessori Nursery
Exciting opportunity to become a Child Care Nursery Assistant with Montessori day nursery and pre-school.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Oct 2017
20 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Montessori approach to childcare and education ensures that children receive a solid foundation to all areas of development whilst providing a safe and homely environment.
The Apprentice will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating environment in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
The day to day role will be:
- Providing fun activities for the children
- Assisting at meal times and encouraging good manners
- Providing positive feedback to parents about their child
- Ensuring that each child is cared for to the highest possible standard with regard for their unique personalities.
- Being responsible for weekly planning on a rota system
- Keeping to a daily timetable of activities.
- Monitoring childrens progress according to the E.Y.F.S
- Reporting any issues or concerns to management
- Undertaking relevant paperwork and keeping up to date with documentation.
- Filing of necessary paperwork
- Toilet training (if applicable)
- Being familiar with OFSTEDs Standards of Care for full day care.
- Attending Staff meetings and out of hours relevant training courses other events.
- To keep up to date with relevant training
- Ensuring quality of care at all times
- To ensure that you are completing assignments/units on time as directed by your Training tutor
Any other duties as necessary
Requirements and prospects
- No previous experience or qualifications are necessary.
- The applicant should have a sympathetic nature and should be patient, kind and understanding.
- GCSE grades at A-C (or equivalent) would be desirable but are not mandatory.
Things to consider
About the employer
A Montessori Childrens Nursery, situated in a large impressive Victorian House surrounded by beautiful grounds covering 3/4 of an acre.
The Montessori approach to childcare and education ensures that the child receives a solid foundation to all areas of development whilst providing a safe and homely environment.
- Open 7am - 7pm, 50 weeks a year
- (Closed Bank Holidays, the last week in August and one week at Christmas)
- Flexible hours
- Ofsted Approved
- Completed Stage 1 of the Pre-school Learning Alliance's 'Reflecting on Quality scheme
- Fully Qualified caring staff
- Nutritional meals
- CCTV Cameras
Oakhouse Montessori Nursery
Full apprenticeship framework will be delivered including technical certificate, competency certificate and functional skills if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
VOCATIONAL TRAINING SERVICES CARE SECTOR LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vocational Training Services
Please refer any questions or queries regarding this vacancy directly to Derrick Stott on email@example.com
From October 1st 2015, the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017