Apprentice Manufacturing Level 2 R B M U K Ltd
Apprentice Manufacturing Level 2 role suitable for someone with an interest in manufacturing processes, gaining experience in a shop floor working environment. Good legible handwriting and numeracy skills are required for this position. A good standard of GCSE or equivalent attainment would be desirable A-D in Maths and English or equivalent
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
£160.00 - £180.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Nov 2017
21 Sep 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
For the right candidate who has a good work ethic and keen to learn new skills there is the opportunity to gain an apprenticeship in the manufacture of rotationally moulded products for the water treatment, offshore marine, agricultural, automotive, pharmaceutical, construction, street furniture, traffic management, medical and hygiene sectors.
Your Apprenticeship will be on the shop floor completing an Improving Operational Performance Apprenticeship. The aim of the business is to develop your skills in various operations of the manufacturing process enabling you to become in the first instance a semi-skilled operative with the aim to become multi skilled once the apprenticeship program is complete.
A normal day would include:
- Working alongside fully qualified and experienced multi-skilled operatives in order to complete a moulding and finishing processes
- Supporting colleagues in the moulding process
- Being trained in all aspects of the rotational moulding process. Which will include working with rotational moulding equipment and hand tools.
- You will be expected to measure shot weights powder accurately, demould and trim finished products and hand finish products and wrap & pack ready to dispatch to the customer
- You will be expected to keep work areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Apprentices may also be required to perform other duties as specified by the manager once competent and trained to do so
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements as instructed on induction and throughout your apprenticeship program.
- Be proactive at reporting potential hazards ects of the rotational moulding process.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator.
- Able to follow concise instructions.
- Keen to learn.
- Good team player.
- Supportive of others.
- A presentable person with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Dependable, good time keeping.
- Flexible and positive attitude to personal development.
- Demonstrate effective team working skills.
- Commitment and a willingness to learn is essential.
- Interest in manufacturing processes, hands on shop floor working environment.
- Good legible handwriting and numeracy skills are required for this position.
- A good standard of GCSE or equivalent attainment would be desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations (QCF).
- Level 2 Certificate in Manufacturing Practices (QCF).
- Functional Skills English.
- Functional Skills Maths.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Oldham College
Tracy Wright 01617854269 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017